Operative Modes for the Dynamic Pupillometry Application (DP-App)
▪ Default Mode: This mode makes a first calibration of the eye response values taking into account also the ambient illumination.
▪ Manual Mode: the operator can configure manually the set of visible light stimuli. The duration of each stimulus lasts minimum 2 seconds. For configuring this mode, the operator has to write a TEXT file in a normal text editor in a computer ad save that file in the SD memory of the 2WIN.
▪ Calibration Mode: like the Manual mode, this exam mode needs a configuration file written in the SD card of 2WIN. At the beginning of the exam this mode illuminates the patient with 4 calibration impulses in order to understand automatically the good final exam impulse. This final light signal will be used in the last part of the measurement. 2WIN takes into account also the ambient light, on this base 2WIN decided to use the 50% of the intensity or not in the first calibration pulses and in the final one.
Exam Display for the Dynamic Pupillometry Application (DP-App)
While the examination is running 2WIN will show the pupil diameter value closed to the pupils of the patient, this will happen after a small time after the release the S1/S2 button. The exam will finish after 14 seconds. After that, the main window of the 2WIN will display in the upper part the maximum and minimum pupil diameter for each OD and OS. By pressing the RIGHT button in the 2WIN Joystick it’s possible to analyze the complete result of the exam.
Result of Exam for the Dynamic Pupillometry Application (DP-App)
The results are expressed in a graphical image showing the pupil response to the visible stimulus and through some numbers showing the estimation of pupil response time, reaction time and slopes of the change in diameters versus time.
Post exam measurements for the Dynamic Pupillometry Application (DP-App)
It’s possible to measure some details of the final result of the Dynamic Pupillometry Application. The system will automatically discover a transition event and will place several lines in the graph starting with the SX pupil.
Saving in SD memory
When finished to measure all the change of the pupil diameters, will be stored all the examination in the 2WIN-4 memory.
PDF Report for the Dynamic Pupillometry Application (DP-App)
The PDF Report is composed of the pupil response graphic and of the corresponding data:
▪ The graphic includes both the pupil eye responses and a partial reproduction of the axes that have been positioned earlier.
▪ The data area is divided in three parts which refer to the second pupil stimulation: the “Constriction” phase (the pupila constriction phase), the “Pupil Size” (data about the pupils) and the “Dilation” phase (the pupila dilation phase).