Benefits of Intermediate Distance Application (66cm-App)
With the use of Intermediate Distance Application we can detect of refraction at intermediate distance; define of the power of the additional lens to add to the basic prescription and identify of difficulty in visual accomodation at intermediate distance.
Tips for Intermediate Vision Exam (66cm-App)
▪ The Intermediate Vision test must be realized asking the patient to wear usual glasses (if typically used) or contact lenses -not reading glasses.
▪ Before the measurement please make sure “Intermediate Vision application” is activated. (See the icon .66 on the bottom of the display). If you shut down the 2WIN, the application will be automatically deactivated.
▪ Unstable (environmental) conditions may provoke accomodation for patient. This reduces reliability index for measurement.
▪ Operator have to apply the chart and the lens on the front side of the 2WIN into the central aperture). Push the add-on (do not force the chart) until a slight resistance is felt.
▪ Remove the add-on taking the black prominence and rotating it while pulling out toward the outside.
Steps of the Exam for Intermediate Distance Application (66cm-App)
▪ Apply the add-on lens and the Reading chart and on the front side of the 2WIN.
▪ Set the 2WIN to operate at Intermediate Vision Distance.
▪ Ask the patient to wear glasses if typically worn (distance-vision glasses) or contact lenses, not reading glasses. If patient wears progressive glasses, ask the patient to look the chart through the top-side part of the lenses.
▪ Ask the patient to focus central characters of the chart (the letters near to the central lens).
▪ Adjust the distance to focus the image until the top bar is green and get the results.
Output of the Exam for Intermediate Distance Application (66cm-App)
The 2WIN assesses reading ability of a patient to 66 cm. At the end of measurement, the 2WIN provides a power estimation of the positive lens for the best vision to the VDT video display terminal in the conditions in which the examination is taken. Measurement values can be different if the acquisition is made with glasses (if patient usually wears distance glasses) or without it, as patient ability to read changes.